192.168.1.2 : Today, most ADSL modems and wireless routers use the 192.168.1.2 IP address as their default gateway. While there are many other options like 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.254 (among others), 192.168.l.2 is the one that is most commonly used by routers as the patent gateway option and IP address. These IP addresses used by the wireless routers and ADSL modems are called host addresses.
The function of 192.168.1.2 or192.168.l.2:
There is only one simple step that you need to do to access your router via the IP address. You have to fill in 192.168.l.2 in the address bar and you are good to go. Then you can gain access to your router’s admin panel and eventually gain access to options to suit your personal settings. Some of the settings that you can gain access to and modify are: LAN, WAN, network management, PPPOE, DSL, MAC, WPS, DHCP Client, WLAN settings, Proxy, IP Qos and DNS. Access to these functions will allow you to change the settings according to your preference so the router works accordingly as well.
How to Logging in to 192.168.1.2 IP Address :
There are series of steps that the user needs to follow in order to use the 192.168.1.2 IP address on the router. The first, basic step that needs to be taken is the logging in. The steps are mentioned below:
- The first step towards logging into the IP address mentioned above is by typing in http://192.168.1.2 and not http://192.168.l.2 into the browser’s search bar, manually. However, sometimes, the IP address may not be recognized or may not be the IP address of the router you are using. In that case, there is a different approach to the method, altogether.
- The second step involves typing in your credentials to provide the IP address with your unique identity to allow the usage of the features of the address. The username and the password have to be typed in to log in.
- It is not uncommon to forget the credentials or the log in details. However, in that scenario, there are a few different series of steps to either recover or log in to the account.
Default Router Username and Password List :
There are a few default router usernames and passwords available for the users to refer to or check. One can make good use of those references.
Steps to take if the username and password has been forgotten
There are a few steps to follow if you have forgotten your username and password that might prove beneficial in ultimately recovering your account. They are mentioned below:
- If the pre-set or the default username and password have never been changed, then the log in details (username and password) can be found in the label of the router.
- In case the default password had been changed and forgotten, the router or the modem needs to be reset to factory settings. A factory reset button is hidden in every ADSL modem and router (wireless). To reset it to factory settings, one needs to push and hold the button for 10 seconds.
- If the username and password haven’t been changed then the user can log in to the router. All he or she has to do is check the default username and password list for the router.