192.168.1.254 is a private IP address that is used as a default gateway address in many of the popular routers around the world. These IP addresses are used to identify the routers in the local network.
192.168.1.254 IP address can be used to change the name of the Wi-Fi, control the number of devices that are connected at a time to the network and much more. We shall see the things that uses the IP address 192.168.1.254 in the router below. Be using another address such as 192.168.10.1, 10.0.0.1 or 192.168.2.1.
Unlike 192.168.1.1 this IP address 192.168.1.254 is not a very commonly used address. We can say it is the second most uses ip address. Here let me list some of the router brands that are using the IP address 192.168.1.254
The above mentioned brands have adopted this IP address 192.168.1.254 to use as a default gateway for their router settings page.
Before jumping deep into the basic uses of the IP address we must know what is IP address.
IP address is the one that helps us and the other hosts to identify a specific host connected in a network. It also helps to identify the exact location that is associated with the host. Domain names are always associated with the IP address. For humans it is always very difficult to memories the name of the servers that hosts the files that you require.
Therefore the habit of mapping the domain name to the IP address came into the existence. So now if you enter the domain name into the browser you will get the right IP address and you can access the files in it.
The private IP address can be categorized into three major types:
- 10.0.0.0 to 10.255.255.255 – This is range one and this set has some IP addresses count of 16,777,216
- 172.16.0.0 to 172.31.255.255 – This is range two and this set has some IP address count of 1,048,576
- 192.168.0.0 – 192.168.255.255 – This is range three and this set has some IP address count of 65,536
Here in the third block the IP address 192.168.1.254 range is present and it has some other IP address count of 65,536 private addresses.
How to login to 192.168.1.254?
1. Open any of your favorite browser. Type in the IP address 192.168.1.254.
2. If your router has the default gateway as the 192.168.1.254 then you can see the settings page open for you already.
3. If it doesn’t open then you have first confirm the default address of the router that you have. You can check at the back of the router.
Resetting the router password:
Every router comes with a default username and password. If you don’t know the default username and password you can check it with the router. Turn the router around and find the credentials on the back side of the router. If you still can’t find it then please check the below table to find the correct default credentials for the router model that you hold.
If you already know the credentials and have changed the password or username and forget it, then all we can do is to reset the router. To reset a router you have to press the power button long enough or you have to use a safety pin to press inside the small hole available in the modem. Once you do it the modem or router will get restarted automatically.
For every routers there will be a router default gateway for sure. You can also change the IP address as you like but make sure the router IP that you like to use must be inside the private IP addresses range. If not it won’t work. You can refer the above content for more private IP address that out can use for the router.
The most common three problems that one may experience are as follows:
- The default IP address is not 192.168.1.1 and in order to obtain the proper IP address, go to the manufacturer’s website and find it. Alternatively, you can also find the details within the documents that were provided to you at the time of the purchase.
- The router is at fault and the problem might lie with the hardware itself. If this is the problem then you will probably have to take it to the manufacturer for repairing or replacement.
- There is an error in the configuration settings that you need to figure out and correct. You will find many step by step guides on how to troubleshoot your router’s configuration settings online.
Misspelling of 192.168.1.254 Router IP:
The CORRECT way to write the 192.168.1.254 IP Address:
The only correct ways to write the 192.168.1.254 IP address in your browser’s address bar are: